Hey there, I’m Kylie.
Health and Wellbeing coach.
Zen Thai shiatsu masseuse.
Yoga and meditation teacher.
Mamma to two teens, wife to one rural firey.
Country gal [who may also be a tad obsessed with swimming in the sea].
I began my career as a sleep scientist and forensic biologist and have had many careers since, each of them centred around health and wellbeing in both the corporate and private business arenas.
I’ve run health and wellbeing programs in the mining industry, managed a private sleep medicine laboratory, lectured in biology and biochemistry at a University and run my own holistic health coaching practise for 6 years before I (accidentally) burnt out after a personal crisis … and subsequently shut up shop in 2017.
I have spent the best part of my life devouring health and wellbeing.
Yoga, meditation, nutrition, mindset, wellness coaching, neuro linguistic programming, oriental medicine, emotional freedom technique, traditional Chinese medicine, massage.
I am crazy enthralled by how the human mind and body work.
You name it, I’ve read about, studied it and practised a lot of it…
both for my own emotional, mental and physical wellbeing, and that of hundreds of women I’ve coached from across the globe.
I get a big kick out of helping women get more of what they want in life.
Why? Because I know first-hand just how painful, numbing and down right depressing it can feel to be off track with how your life looks and feels.
And I also know that you wearing a life / relationship / career / body / belief system that does not honour you has a big, bad ripple out into your family, your community, and the rest of the world.
More women giving themselves permission to want what they want – and the space and grace to make it happen – makes the world a whole lot happier and healthier space.
So what does it take to consciously create a life that nourishes you – mind, body and soul? That’s a very darn good question.
When I first got was called to do this work in the world, I got myself certified as a holistic health coach [holistic health = the sum of your life including physical, mental, emotional, relationship and financial wellbeing].
But even when I first started working with clients, I knew just those skills weren’t enough to help women make big leaps in life. There was something still missing.
Later when I qualified in mindset techniques including Emotional Freedom Technique and Neurolinguistic Programming, I finally ‘got’ the combo of the practical health guidance and the mindset magic to help women let go of the limiting beliefs holding them back from a life that truly nourished them: mind, body and soul.
Add to that the real life experience of a woman who has:
- been everything from obese, flat and fecked off with life to living in a right-sized body: happy, thin and free (and healed my relationship with food after a lifetime of yoyo dieting spurred on by food addiction and emotional eating)
- shifted through a plethora of mental and emotional landscapes including depression and anxiety, insomnia and deep fatigue and mastered the art of calm and surrender through daily devotions of self–care (which makes life in general a damn site easier to navigate)
- learned to thrive through the loss of identity shizstorm that comes with becoming a Mum + being a full-time carer + opening and ultimately closing multiple businesses [each of which grew into a ball and chain weighing me down]
- challenged and for the most part healed old childhood stuff and limiting belief systems which told me I just wasn’t good enough, loved enough, or capable enough to make a success out of life and
- Continue to live the inevitable juggle of parenting two teens, being married to my best friend for the past 20 years, studying part-time, running a coaching practise and trying to figure out at the same time how to live my best life, alongside all those other responsibilities.
Well, you’ve got yourself a pretty powerful combo.
So here’s to you, and here’s to me. Here’s to the quiet steady power of women asking for what they want, learning how to receive and ultimately taking responsibility for consciously creating more of what we truly desire.
If 2020 is the year you learn to put your needs higher up that priority list, to get yourself healthier, happier or just sort out what to do at that fork in the road, here’s how I can help: Yoga and Massage in Pittsworth (40 mins west of Toowoomba, Queensland), or Holistic Health Coaching online or by phone to anywhere in there world.
[And if you’ve been around these parts before, yes, I closed down my successful 6-year-old business in December 2017 to become a full time employee.
And now I am back doing the work I believe I am meant to do in the world. And I am so, so pleased to be here.]